Thursday, March 22, 2012

Transformation Challenge: Days 29-30

I am having a hard time even getting myself to write this post.  I'm so upset with myself and where I stand with this challenge.  The last post was me letting myself off the hook just a little to enjoy life and vacation. Well I feel like I completely jumped ship and just went all out.  I started ordering whatever I wanted at the restaurant because I was tired of being picky. I gave up on working out because I don't like running and especially by myself.  I also realized I'm super stressed about starting next quarter. Stress creates anxiety for me and so I fell into my old habit of soothing with food. How could I let myself fall backwards so much in one week?

Yesterday was my low point.  I went on a haunted pub tour and had a handful of beers and then decided that I really needed this giant greasy slice of pizza at midnight.  It tasted so good at the time, but i'm definitely paying for it now.  I was in the car for 12 hours today and my stomach was in knots and pain for about 7 of those hours.  And to top it off? I get home and step on the scale. I pretty much gained all the weight I worked so hard to lose over the last couple of weeks back.  As in my scale now says the same number it did at the start of the challenge.  As in, I just ruined all my hard work with some mediocre food because I was on "vacation". Stupid stupid stupid mistake.  I should go out and run forever to make myself feel better, but I can't. I think I'm going to just go to bed and pray that I will feel better about myself in the morning and have the strength to brush myself off and get back on track.

2 comments:

Chevie said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. It takes a lot of work to change your lifestyle like you are trying to do. And there will be set backs, and stress will always trigger those. You should instead congratulate yourself for noticing that you don't like how it made you feel and wanting to change it. I still think you look AMAZING! :-)

Brandi said...

I agree! Let this be a lesson and learn from it. You now can really see what value there is in holding off a little even on vacations. Not to mention you probably didn't gain back ALL the weight but eating out often you have probably consumed way more sodium than you are used to. Think about detoxing this week with lots and lots of water. I bet more of that weight will fall of than you think! I am so proud of all you have done, your blog is so inspirational. You are only human so of course there will be bumps along the way. I love you so friggin much girly!