Today I started taking Advocare products. I ordered the 24-Day Challenge kit, which starts off with a 10 day herbal cleanse. I could not have picked a better time to start a cleanse than after this past weekend. Most people cringe at the thought of taking the orange fiber drink in the morning, but not me. I was ready to down that puppy if it meant getting my body back on track. With these first 10 days, I take a fiber drink most mornings, and then either probiotics or herbal cleanse vitamins. This is the easier part. I also need to eat really clean. I mean really clean. Like I had to give up dairy, alcohol, fats (other than the good kind like peanut butter), sugars (other than fruit), and any carbs that are not oatmeal, hummus, brown rice, or 100% whole wheat. Basically I'll be eating a whole lot of fruits, veggies, fish, and oatmeal.
I have done the cleanse by itself before, so I knew what to expect as far as my eating selection. It's actually not all that far off from how I've been trying to eat for the most part. The only thing that is killing me is saying goodbye to dairy. That means no more greek yogurt, which has become a standard lunch for me. I also can't sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese on my veggies. Le sigh. Oh well I shall survive. It's only ten days and then I move on the the next phase and can add a few of those things back in. My boss sells Advocare and a lot of people at Bella Forza take it so I'm really curious to see how this all works out. Fingers crossed they are right and I'll feel amazing AND lose inches!
Workouts:
Yoga- 1 hour. Much needed after 2 nights of uncomfortable restless sleep on the worst mattress in the history of Best Westerns.
Barre - 1 hour. Used heavier weights.
Challenge:
Eating enough calories to meet the minimum amount per day. With all the rules I have to follow I find it harder to come up with enough ideas to eat throughout the day. It also doesn't help that I need to get groceries so my options are pretty slim pickins at this point.
Accomplishment:
I followed all the rules of the cleanse considering my fridge isn't fully stocked.
No comments:
Post a Comment