Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Transformation Challenge: Day 15

Ok I'm just going to go ahead and start with my Challenge of the Day - Dinner. Since I had went grocery shopping at 8am and didn't have class tonight, I had planned on spicing dinner up a little bit.  And when I say spicing dinner up, I really mean try and cook something other than a piece of fish with a side of broccoli.  I had a sweet potato that I've been too lazy to cook (epitome of laziness right here folks) so I decided to make some healthy sweet potato "fries".  I first texted Beth at Bella Forza to see if sweet potatoes were allowed during the cleanse because I know that starches are not, but good starches are ok sometimes.  She said I could probably have one potato so I was super excited and headed to the kitchen. Fast forward to me standing in the kitchen with my chicken breast on the George Foreman Grill and sweet potatoes sliced and drizzled with olive oil in the oven.  I'm just about to pat myself on the back for finding a dinner on the cleanse that I was excited about when I hear a screeching BEEP BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP. The smoke alarm was ah-an-guh-reeee.  I flew over to the smoke alarm to attempt to comfort it by fanning a pillow in front of it and it calmed down. I started to tip-toe away back to the kitchen to open the window and BEEP BEEP BEEP came screaming behind me.  Now if it were just me, I'd deal with the noise while I ran around the apartment, turning off the oven, turning off the grill, opening window, find a fan etc etc.  But I have neighbors who have a child and a newborn (although they do make a lot of noise so this would be the perfect time for payback....but I took the high road).  So you can imagine an image of a frazzled Rachel running across her apartment back and forth trying to calm the alarm and deal with the kitchen.  The best part of this fiasco? I burnt the fries. Black. To. A. Crisp. Guess what I had for dinner? Broccoli.

Lesson of the Day:
Stick with broccoli.

Accomplishment:
Bought a new water bottle and shaker bottle to use for meal and protein shakes.  Oh and I got measured today and have already lost a couple of inches from the beginning of the challenge.  That bike is within sight...

Treat:
I'm about to go make an Advocare Shake with berries to try and make up for my disappointing dinner.

No comments: