Well I don't have any horrible dinner episodes to report for my Thursday. Luckily I didn't have to do that fire alarm dance because I stuck with my simple staple of a kale salad with chicken, craisins, and celery. I did however discover a new favorite healthy treat. Like I almost cried I was so happy when I tasted it. See, I love chocolate and peanut butter. It's on the best things in the world quite frankly and when you are trying to lose weight you generally have to say adios to this beauty. You can imagine how difficult it is to hear Reese's commercials on the radio and to see the Reese's Eggs out on the store shelves. I just keep licking my lips and biding my time until April comes and I can allow myself to have one. So you can imagine how stoked I was when I made an evening snack last night that gave me the same taste. I was feeling pretty exhausted, my muscle were aching, and I was a little hungry (and of course craving dessert). So I treated my muscles to a chocolate protein drink only I decided to jazz it up a bit. I only used half of the shake powder, added ice, 1/2 banana, and 1 Tablespoon natural almond butter. Oh my land was it amazing! It was like drinking a chocolate peanut butter shake with half the calories and way more protein. You can imagine what I will be looking forward to the rest of the challenge. I see this becoming a staple.
Today's Workouts:
Boxing Bootcamp - 55 min. (Sadly this was the last day of bootcamp. While I will enjoy sleeping in an extra hour I will miss the intensity and pink gloves 2x a week).
Yoga - 1 hour
Today's Challenge:
Well I suppose my challenge would be the fact that our class was holding a poster session and my poster was blank up until 2:30 yesterday. Yeah that's right, I procrastinated and pulled it off. While my poster wasn't the most professional or beautiful, it got the job done and didn't look to bad. Unfortunately I forgot the poster when I left for class. Honestly, where is my head these days?! I even commented to myself while I was making it that "Gee it would be so easy to forget to take this with me. Man that would really suck!". So I made a mental note to remember it and set it on my couch. Obviously that did not work. I was really hungry and scrambled to make a packet of oatmeal to take with me on the drive to campus. I must have been so focused on my food that I completely missed the giant cardboard poster sitting in my living room. Luckily I didn't make it all that far down the road before I realized. I even made it to class just in the nick of time. So yeah, posters are just a challenge in general. P.S. I got an A so who ever wants to argue against procrastination doesn't know how to do it right.
Today's Treat:
Chocolate, PB, Banana Protein Shake duhhhhh!
No comments:
Post a Comment