I just have to say that I am so extremely proud of every single Theta out there. I knew that I had a group of strong, beautiful, supportive friends, but damn, I forgot how impressive they all are. Every single one of them is doing something amazing with their lives. Lawyers, Doctors, Teachers, Directors of non-profits, Directors of schools, getting their Masters or MBAs...just to name a few. Being around such amazing women has given me the final push I need to get through the rest of this quarter. I need to (try) and stop complaining about what my program is lacking and find a way to make up for it on my own. I only have a couple more weeks and I want to finish it out strong.
Speaking of a strong week, this week is going to be a tough one at the gym. I've decided that in order to make up for this past weekend and to try and get a little ahead, I'm amping up my workouts for the week. My goal is to complete the 14 workouts I have scheduled for the next 7 days. I even made sure to add in some new hard classes that I've been avoiding (cardio attack anyone?). So here's hoping I can survive my week of intensity both at the gym and at school.
Weekend wrap up:
Workouts:
Friday - Barre class 1 hour before my road trip to Woo.
Saturday - failed at finding a Zumba class with Beth SP and Meg so we took the opportunity to use the brand new Scot Center facility thanks to our alumni day pass. I got the chance to chat with some of my favorite girls while running 2.5 miles. Also I'm going to count the 6 hours I was walking around in 5 inch platforms. I dare anyone to tell me that wasn't a calf workout.
Sunday - Rest day. Boy was it!
Accomplishments:
I managed to run 2.5 miles while being a little "under the weather" if you will.
I ate relatively well up until Saturday afternoon.
Challenges:
Trying to drink less while having fun with all my sisters who are so freaking fun!
Trying (very unsuccessfully) to not eat the top half of my ciabatta bread from the caprese sandwich at lunch. If you are ever in Wooster, OH you MUST MUST MUST eat at Spoon. Hands down best sandwich I've had in a long time. Thus why I ended up eating the bread after I set it aside.
The biggest challenge was getting in car willingly to come back to Cincinnati and say goodbye to everyone.
Lessons:
Sometimes it is important to relax the rules a little and just let yourself live and enjoy the moment and company of others. (But then it is also important to get back to the rules afterwards!)
No comments:
Post a Comment