TGIF everyone! I was relieved that it was Friday because that meant I could "sleep in". I didn't have to be at work until 6:45! I like Fridays at the gym because I get to see one of my favorite members and although we only have a few minutes to chat, it's nice to catch up. The rest of the morning gym regulars were there too so I saw lots of friendly faces all geared up for the challenge. I started working on a new project - outlining a group called Strong is our Sexy. It's going to be an organization that empowers women and is a place for women to come together for support and strength. The idea is Strong Heart, Strong Body, Strong Mind. I'm really excited to be asked to help put it together. I feel that all women could really benefit from a group like this.
Workouts:
1 hour Barre class - upped my weights today. Hope I can lift them tomorrow!
1 hour Cardio Chickboxing - I swear it was a sauna in that room. When we dropped for pushups at the end my feet kept sliding out. (eewww gross floors)
Treat of the day:
Diet Ginger Ale and natural peanut butter on a graham cracker (I live a wild life)
Challenge of the day:
After my first workout I was feeling great, but a little tired. I was originally signed up for a Butts and Guts class and then Chickboxing for the afternoon. I decided I could let myself only do two classes since I was already tired. Even so, after I went home and had lunch and sat down, I didn't want to think about getting up and heading back for another workout. But I did. And that is the important thing. Because I burnt enough calories in 1 hour to cover my dinner and evening snacks.
Lesson of the Day:
Going to bed early is important if you want to have enough energy to get through the day. I'm slowly trying to get back to 8 hours of sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment