Well I haven't fallen off the wagon yet, that's positive right?! Today I did two workouts and stayed under my calorie allowance. I even talked myself out of a glass of wine that was calling my name after another long class at UC. My head was killing me and I so wanted to sip on the magical potion, but I stayed strong. Even though I could afford the calories of a glass of wine, I didn't want to give in. Along with shamrock shakes, I'm trying to give up drinking unless at a big social event like oh say my upcoming Sorority alumni formal or my friend's Bachelorette party. I figure the extra sugars in the alcohol will in no way shape or form help me reach a flatter stomach. It's a big sacrifice, but it has to be made (for 38 more days at least).
Today's Workouts:
This morning I took the boxing bootcamp class. I can't believe how much I love boxing. Sure my pink boxing gloves are fab, but it goes beyond that. I love putting all my energy behind each punch and feeling stronger every day. I love when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I can see my muscles in my arms as I make a left hook. I love how for the first time in my life, I understand how to throw a punch. I'm even starting to love to deal with the sweat dripping down my face (because as I've found out, once you have your gloves on you can't really do anything like adjust your shirt, fix your hair, or wipe off the sweat). I was thrilled to hear that after the boxing bootcamp, they are adding on a boxing workout class at the gym. Sign me up! Maybe one day I can work on it not being like a choreographed sequence of moves and actually hit something for real (nothing that hits back preferably).
After an intense empowering class, I calmed down with yoga. Unfortunately the sub yoga instructor felt the need to hold a lot of planks and do a lot of slow flows. My arms were not happy after doing pushups and punching for 45 minutes. But we both made it through!
Treat of the day:
Soy fudgesicle under 100 calories
Proud Moment:
Avoiding wine
Lesson of the day:
Practice a few swings in the shirt you select to wear boxing. Once that shirt starts creeping up, you can't do a darn thing once you have the gloves on.
No comments:
Post a Comment