Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Transformation Challenge: Day 1

Today starts my 40-Day Total Transformation Challenge.  I must tell you, I woke up excited.  No longer can I let myself eat treats without consequences.  I'm in this thing to win it.  (Plus I want to get to my goal...but that comes second when there is a bike and cash prize involved).

I had a very busy and productive day today.  It's been awhile since I've felt motivated to do anything without dragging my feet.  Today was different though. I was excited, motivated, and pumped.  I got a lot of "grown up" things done throughout the day that I've been putting off, plus I made good start to the challenge.

I went grocery shopping bright and early at 8:00am. I was actually surprised (and geeky as it is, excited) to see that Kroger is now open at 6:00am! I don't know why, but this makes me happy. While I was perusing the veggie section, I realized that there is a perk of early shopping.  I could take my time and study all the different kinds of vegetables that I've never bought or cooked. I could compare prices. I didn't feel flustered taking a million of those little plastic bags and twist-ties as I filled up my cart (I wish I didn't have to use those things, but feel I would be judge if I didn't...)   The only downfall was that the bakery was in full swing. So many delicious smells wafted past me in temptation, but I held strong and only glanced back once at the mardi-gras decorated donuts with extra sprinkles....ok that's a total lie I looked back twice!

 After my groceries were all snuggled away in my kitchen, I headed over to Bella Forza Fitness (BFF).  Everyone who is participating in the challenge has a big button that we are supposed to wear to all our workouts.  It let's everyone else know we are participating and creates a little extra awareness and should get people talking about it.  Personally, I think it is so the instructors know who's ass to kick and not cut any slack. I'm ok with that though, I need it. And honestly, no instructor there would ever cut me any slack haha.

Within each week of the challenge there is a mini-challenge.  This week is "most spirited".  So today in Barre Intensity we replaced or moaning and groaning and painful whimpers with cheers and sometimes sarcastic words of excitement when it was push-up time. One lady even brought in stamps of BFF so we all had "tattoos" during class. It's silly, but hey, you need everything you can get!

Post workout I had a very healthy and protein filled lunch.  One would think that will all this accomplishment before noon, I would be done and take a nap. Oh but ye have little faith! Not only did I forgo a nap, but I took care of a few chores and then I went...(wait for it)...RUNNING! That's right, I, Rachel Leigh Libben, went on a run.  And it was honestly a run (well my version of a run), not a walk. I headed out and found a short bike trail which was a little hilly. I pushed myself and made it the entire loop, which I found out later is 2 miles. Holy cow. It's been over a year since I went running so I was pretty pumped with my results.   Gold star for me!

I'm trying to wind down this productive day soon so that I can get to bed early since I have boxing in the am, but somehow my busy day didn't include that homework I was supposed to have done...I suppose we can't have it all.

No comments: