I've been debating about this for awhile and I just can't decide, "how long do you keep your clothes after you've lost weight"?. I've dropped a couple pants sizes and now have a closet full of clothes that I don't like to wear anymore. They just don't look very good on me because they don't fit right. Part of me wants to say s"ee-ya!" and give those puppies away. I want to clean out my closet and give them to someone who might enjoy hand me downs as much as I do. I want to actually have a little more room in my closet. And let's me honest, I want to have an excuse to buy more clothes to fill the closet back up with smaller sizes.
But....the other part of me is afraid. What if I gain the weight back soon? I won't have the money to go out and buy a bigger wardrobe again and frankly that shopping trip would just be depressing. So I could keep the clothes "just in case". I'm just afraid that this is some sort of feng shui no-no that is keeping bad joo joo in my closet. Maybe by keeping these bigger clothes I'm giving myself a safety net where it will be ok if I do gain the weight back. I'm also kicking myself for getting rid of clothes that were too small on me when I moved back to AZ. Why didn't I keep those?! hmmm...although maybe it was getting rid of them and not having a constant reminder that I wasn't small enough in my closet that allowed me to take a healthier approach to reaching a desired size. Well, nowI'm even more confused...
Thoughts? How long should one maintain a current size before getting rid of bigger clothes?
And if the consensus is to get rid get rid of the clothes and you would like to adopt them, please send me your name, address, and size. If I see something you might enjoy I'll pass it along!
No comments:
Post a Comment