Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Workout Buddies - Off and Running!

I've been so lucky to have my cousin, Courtney, in town to jump start this training routine.  She is also doing a half in the fall and while she will be in school and training on the west coast, we are going to be long distance training buddies (get it? long distance! haha oh man I'm cheesy).

Last night we went to our first hot yoga class at Moksha.  Boy they aren't kidding when they call it hot.  I'm still not sure how I feel about the whole thing.  While my muscles felt  great and warm and stretched easier...my breathing was difficult and I couldn't hold postures when my body was all slippery from buckets of sweat. Not pretty.  But I felt awesome afterwards so I can definitely see the benefits. I still think I just like a good hatha class instead.

This morning we got right back at the workout routine with our first official training run.  My program said I only had to run  two miles.  Courtney said we were going to run three. So we did. I wasn't going to question her on this because I can't be the weaker cousin! I am, however, the slower cousin so I felt bad that she held back for me.  This did motivate me to push it a little harder knowing someone else was slowing down for me and I knocked a couple seconds off my pace from last time which is pretty good considering I added another mile on.  I'll take it! Hopefully I can keep it up when Courtney isn't around.  Anyone else want to be my buddy?

No comments: