Technically my training schedule doesn't have me starting until Wednesday, but I'm feeling a little antsy and wanted to break in my new kicks. So I laced up my shoes and headed out for a jog around 5:00pm. It wasn't nearly as hot as it has been and I had my new shoes so I naturally assumed things would be all sunshine and roses as I trotted along the sidewalk. Boy was I ever wrong. It was hard. Way hard. I struggled to get 2 simple miles in and my time was just as slow as when it was 100 degrees out. My body felt stiff and heavy and I couldn't get my breathing in a good rhythm. If I wasn't freaking out about my decision to do a half before, I am now! Eeek and I already paid all that money for registration, new neon running clothes, and shoes? I really really hope things improve fast.
I will need all the cheerleaders I can get along this journey and donations in the form of new running playlists would be GREATLY appreciated! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment