Sadly I learned right away that this was not meant to be. Sure they had cool colored shoes on display, but apparently those glass slippers were not meant for my foot. Turns out I'm no cinderella after all (even though I have super small feet...). The lady watched me walk and told me that I have a wide foot (seriously even my feet are wide? Here I thought it was my hips I had to worry about...) and I also over pronate. She went to the back to retrieve shoes that fit that criteria and when she returned there was no highlighter yellow shoe tucked in the tissue paper. Le sigh. I decided on a pair of Nike 15+ that have stability and motion control and are wide. While I wasn't jumping for joy on their fashion points, I did feel pretty comfy when I jumped...which I suppose is really the point here. And they aren't too shabby on the eyes...but you don't need sunglasses to look at them either (-50 points).
After our shoe shopping experience we meandered over to TJMaxx to treat ourselves to running gear. It was a consolation prize to buy a few neon colored sports bras and tanks. At least I'll have fun colors on my body somewhere! So watch out Cinci when you see that bright yellow dot in the distance, that's just me coming around the corner....slowly.
2 comments:
Yay for Neon!! I am sitting here right now in my neon tank and black shorts with neon yellow trim! :-) I did not however, just run 2 miles even, I cooked dinner (just as scary of a feat for me!).
So proud of you R. Lib! Keep up the GREAT work!!
Neon makes everything better and brighter! I'm sure your dinner was delish! Miss you!
Post a Comment