Sometimes I don't know why I look forward to the weekends. I get all caught up in how everyone else longs for Friday to arrive and I think that I too can't wait for Friday night. But truthfully, the weekends can be really boring and lonely for me. Not all of them, but recently, I find myself sitting alone watching a movie or waiting to get back to teaching a class or working. This weekend was one of those weekends. I was BORED. I worked a little on Saturday, but the rest of the weekend was me sitting around waiting to do my long run.
So when my alarm went off this morning, I was thankful to have something to accomplish. I just had to tackle 4 miles. So I tried out Advocare's 02 and hit the streets. I must say that pill did the trick because I really felt as if I was getting oxygen pumping through my lungs easier. I'm sure the nice crisp air helped as well. After my run, I stretched by the fountain and could see the steam rising off my body. Made me feel pretty badass.
Since I had nothing left to do today and I was feeling a little self-loathing, I decided to let myself go to the mall and do a little retail therapy. I know I know this is not what I should do when I'm poor, but my soul neeeeeeded it. And I'm just going to consider it a part of my counseling training. Can't leave a vital form of therapy out right?
2 comments:
"Crisp air"? The only thing crisp about the air here is how your skin feels after five minutes in it. JEALOUS.
Well if it makes you feel better that is because I was up before the sun was...and also it was just a nice treat. It's been hot and humid otherwise.
Post a Comment