I've been lazy about blogging lately. Maybe it's because I haven't been able to run for a week and I just don't have anything fun to share in regards to training. My ankle is STILL swollen. I keep icing it, elevating, it and am popping ibuprofen like they are candy (it's ok Mom and Dad, I don't really mean that in an "I have a problem kind of way", just that I am consistent every 4 hours).
I haven't even tried to run on it because after just standing on it during the day (you know, like a normal leg) it aches and swells more.
Come on ankle, get with the program! We have work to do and for the first time in my life I actually decided that I WANTED to run and you do this to me? What about all the times in cross country that I didn't want to run and begged to not have to run and WISHED you would swell up and get me out of a race and you just stayed healthy and strong like the stubborn ankle you are? Guess I figured out where my stubborn bone in my body is located...sheesh.
I'm mad. I'm sad. I'm confused that I'm mad and sad about not being able to run (seriously, who am I?). But mostly I'm upset that I can't let myself pig out on waffles and pancakes on Sundays now.
1 comment:
You wanted to run?? I can't wait to see this new R. Lib!
Post a Comment