While I have nothing new and exciting to report as far as my training goes (just doing the usual cross training the past two days), I am very excited to announce that a dear friend is moving to Cincinnati! Sarah is a friend from back in the Perrysville Junior High days and has lead a fabulous life traveling, moving about the country, and being an awesome designer. Now she is making her way to Cincinnati to attend UC for a Masters in Marketing and to be my full time best friend (wish her luck!).
I am so thrilled to have a fellow friend to explore the city with, to be graduate study buddies with, and to explore retail therapy options with. Please visit her blog and get to know her and follow her journey to transitioning back to the Buckeye state and becoming a Bearcat. Check out Sarah's Blog Here!
I thought I would share a few tips I've picked up over the past year on becoming a Cincinnatian :
1) People Loooove their Chili here. It is a duel between Skyline and Goldstar. I think it is an East side vs West side thing? Not sure.
2) It's really cool to be German. Biggest Oktoberfest in the states.
3) We not only have bratwursts, but we also have mettwursts and goetta. (Still confused on the distinctions)
4) It isn't quite as cold as our hometown up north.
5) It's hard to meet people, but apparently the Kroger in Hyde Park is THE place to meet other singles. (And if you put a bottle of wine in your cart that is signaling that you are single...well duh this happens naturally).
6) Our sports teams are more successful than Cleveland's...but not by much so don't get your hopes up.
7) The city has a lot to offer yet still has a small town vibe! Each community has a town square.
8) Don't get lost in Over the Rhine and don't walk off campus without pepper spray.
9) You can easily have dinner in another state.
10) Learn P&G brands and start buying them to support the local company. Also shop Kroger and Macys.
No comments:
Post a Comment