Friday, August 3, 2012

Long Way to Go

After teaching a class at 6am and working until 1:30, I had to do my run.  Boy was it hard to get myself to head out the door. I felt so fatigued. Not sure why, maybe not sleeping well, or teaching 5 classes this week plus running, or just the fact that it was getting close to my 3:00 hit the wall time. Whatever the reason was, it sucked.  I needed motivation.  I tried to find music but don't have anything good. So I drank my spark and after that set in I was able to lace up my shoes and head outside.

Unfortunately it didn't immediately get easier.  I really struggled and I only had to run 2.5 miles (but i forced myself to do 2.75...yeah I could only muster up .25 more) How on earth am I going to make it further if this short distance was so hard? My leg throbbed and to make matters worse I was having trouble with my phone/playlist/running app. It was driving me nuts! Note to self, buy new ipod armband immediately or a phone chucked at a tree out of rage might occur.

Anyways, I made it. It wasn't fun nor pretty, but it's done.  And now? My legs are throbbing even more.  I need to buck up because this is only going to get harder.  Help.

No comments: