1) Bad running form/habits can be painful. My ankle hurt the other day after a run and I thought it was connected to the shin splints. But today while I was out running in the dark it started hurting and progressively got worse. I pretty much hobbled back to my apartment and limped around all day. I realized it was because I tend to turn my left foot out as I strike the ground. Don Baun, my good old cross country coach would always yell at me for this. Apparently old habits die hard. My new shoes are stability and motion control so they are stiff in the ankles to limit this motion. But my foot keeps on a'tryin to roll out and thus equals a fight: shoe vs. body. Shoe totally won. So I sit here typing with my handy dandy bag of frozen veggies as an ice pack on my ankle.
2) Never EVER stress eat/binge on a bag of gummy worms before you teach a Body Pump class. You will wish you hadn't as you fight the urge to vomit while instructing class. Abs track was brutal. Learn from my mistakes people! BRUTAL.
No comments:
Post a Comment