Thursday, January 19, 2012

Girl From That French Painting

Last night I had dinner with my friend Kristin Santose.  We decided to meet at my favorite local place, Dilly Deli.  If you come visit me in Cinci I will most likely choose to take you there, well because that's my place and I always pick it.

As I bundled up and walked in down to the square in the chilly air, I was excited to catch up, enjoy some good food (not on my diet), and listen to the live music.  I arrived, got a table and listened to the band play some old Louis Armstrong songs.  Once Kristin arrived I immediately began talking non stop (because apparently when I live alone I take every opportunity to actually talk with someone and can't stop once I get started). As we were chatting (ok I was chatting) and sipping on our wine, the band was on break and the singer/trumpet player stopped at our table to give me what I thought at the time was the sweetest compliment I've ever received. He said that he saw me and thought how I was just like the girl in the french painting. How it was this beautiful girl at the bar with a similar haircut. He thought it was by Manet and he just had to tell me.

So I was floored and felt so good. I mean who wouldn't want to have this compliment? That is until we googled the painting and then I kind of felt insulted? haha  Here it is for your viewing pleasure...my twin?






Similarities I will admit to:






Hair color




Bangs




Can be found near bottles of champagne










Things I hope to not be true:




Looking extremely sad/ pissed




Not very pretty




Wearing a bird? on her chest?

6 comments:

Chevie said...

Ok I see some resemblance. However, I think she does look pissy, and I think you would be too if you were surrounded by bottles of campaign and couldn't drink a drop! As for the bird on the chest, I think that would be just more accessories, and no one knows (at least no one that I know) how to accessorize like you! And I think that the girl in the picture is stunning. Look how curvy she is! Her hips don't lie, and neither do yours! At least not in the Miami Room while we are cage dancing! :-) I miss you!

Rachel said...

hahaha Oh Chevie you crack me up! Thank you for making me feel better about the comparison. And I can't believe you brought up the Miami room lol. That place was scary, the cage was the only safe place so other ppl couldn't touch you.

Chevie said...

Yay... that is why we were always in there :-)

Megan said...

In case you ever wonder if people are checking your blog every day to see what new adventures you are having... the answer is yes. :) I opted for an RSS feed and I check in multiple times a day during random Facebook time. So.... feel free to post more things, even if they don't seem terribly exciting. :)

Rachel said...

Megan, that is so flattering. Glad my rando life is entertaining. Stay tuned, new post shortly.

Jordy Liz said...

yes! i want that painting to hang in my house so i can always look at with you without it being so obvious i hung a huge painting of you in my house. :)

and now i want to know your secret!!!!! ah, dang me for missing the skype date.