Does anyone else ever think of how Barbie got to have a different career every week? Not only did she claim the title, she also got a new outfit to match and all the accessories one would need. Sometimes when I'm in a different mood or going through a phase, I think of myself as "Working Out Rachel" or "Good Student Rachel". Oh, I'm the only one that does that? eerrr awkward. Ok moving on...
Anyways, so over the past couple of weeks I've been "Unmotivated and Lazy Rachel" (complete with a cluttered desk, untouched homework, and a lacking selection of food to eat). This weekend, however, I had a little shove to get back on track because my Dad (shout out to Dale!), Step-Mother and Sister came down for a visit and to do some manual labor. (Hey, you gotta earn your keep around here! But it's ok I rewarded them with bread pudding w/ a vanilla sauce)
Since I knew I would actually have people in my apartment I got super productive. I cleaned, I organized, I baked, and I did that ever growing pile of laundry. I don't get company very often so I enjoyed the push to organize my life again. Plus I don't want my family to think (or realize) that I can be a slob.
Even though the fam was just here for the day, my motivation to get on back track continues. After waking up and getting a quick workout in, I did some homework. This was monumental people. And I didn't just stop there! Oh no, today I was "Domesticated Rachel". I baked a pumpkin pie for a friend's birthday, prepared a roast for the crock pot tomorrow (it's the domestication that keeps on giving!), and I even practiced knitting a little bit since Patty showed me how to start yesterday. Phew! Domesticated Rachel had a good day, I think she deserves a glass of vino. (Children 21 years and up.)
4 comments:
I do the Barbie a day thing too, I've gotten really good at Teacher Brandi and PJ and Ice Cream Brandi. You need to post some pics of your rockin bod, even though I always thought it was so I don't even know what to expect now! I miss you so much and I am so proud of all the exciting and healthy things you are doing!
I agree - I want to see your progress since I am on the same quest! I had never done the Barbie thing..... not shocking, haha.... but it might be quite useful!
I totally do the Barbie thing! And I think that when you get a new job or sign up for a gym, the accessories (at least some of them) should be included. Barbie always came with at least what she needed to get the job done. and she did it all in heels!
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who does the Barbie thing. And Chevie, I totally agree about all the accessories being included. I find it aggravating that I have to pay to be put together.
Post a Comment