A couple of years ago (gosh, has it been that long already?) my step mom, Patty, made me an awesome quilt for my birthday. She used only black, white, and green fabric. Basically it was perfect. My friend, Sarah, saw it and instantly became jealous and threw a fit and wanted one too. Ok, so it wasn't exactly like we were in 2nd grade, but she did talk about my quilt a lot and asked if Patty would be interested in making her one if she paid her. I mentioned Sarah's deep desire to own a Patty quilt and Patty agreed to get started on a black, white, and red quilt for Sarah.
It takes awhile for a quilt to be constructed. So over the following months I had to endure Sarah's multiple comments on how excited she was for her quilt. She waited patiently while bragging to her family how she would soon be getting her very own custom made quilt in the mail. When the day finally arrived that the quilt should come in, Sarah was rearing to go. It just so happened that it was the same day she received her PHR certification in the mail at work. She said if the quilt came the same day it would be the best day ever. And wouldn't you know, it did.
I let Sarah do the honors of checking my mail to see if there was the coveted "you have a package slip". We held our breath, crossed our fingers, and turned the key to find the prize waiting for us inside!


So we walked (well Sarah practically skipped) back to my apartment to open the package (which was very carefully packaged and taped at every corner). 

Inside was her very own quilt,that she kept reminding me no one else had. (Also she mentioned not sharing with her boyfriend or dog)

I swear the girl was about to pee her pants she was so excited. Instead she modeled her new prized possession.

Then wrapped herself up like a burrito.

Then multiple happy dances around the apartment ensued.
It was so fun to see a friend so happy. Thank you Patty for making her day and her dream come true. Would have been nice if there was a least a lil something for me in the package (sigh), but I got lots of satisfaction from watching Sarah dance haha.
So Happy Quilt Day to you, Sarah. You deserve it!
But, I still think mine is way cooler...just saying :)
1 comment:
Hooray!!! The quilt is so awesome and its all mine...as in no one elses...as in made just for me! :-) Thank you Patty!!!!! I LOVE it!
Post a Comment