Friday, September 18, 2009

Soap & Sushi

My beach babe friend from Florida came to visit and I'm already refusing to take her to the airport at the end of the weekend. Last night we talked non stop about all the updates in our life (and other's) while we roamed the mall. I introduced her to LUSH soap. If you have ever been in that store you know that we then spent an hour smelling everything and might have spent just a wee little bit more money than we planned. But when we left we had a bag of the yummiest products ever. (I mean we NEED soap, so it doesn't really count as splurge...unless you want us to be stinky. I think not.)

After Soap we were adventurous and decided to go for Sushi instead of our comfort zone of Mexican. So we sat down at RA, ordered mojitos and let the waitress school us in the way of ordering. We settled on a Lobstertail roll and Tootsie Maki. We had both tried sushi before and enjoyed it but had never explored beyond the California roll. Boy were we missing out.

I slept so well last night with a belly full of yummy sushi, knowing I'd take a delicious shower in the am, and pillowtalk with one of the coolest chicks ever. And this was just Day 1 :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hooray! I need a sushi buddy!

Saranade07 said...

I'm so glad you've moved past the california roll. I recently "grew" up in my sushi eating as well. I enjoy things with Samon and Tuna! Miss you.