Monday, August 17, 2009
It's the President's Fault
I was late for work today. I was stuck in traffic and realized no one was moving, so I maneuvered my way across a few lanes, did a U-turn (hey it's legal out here) and headed in the opposite direction. I looped around to the road parallel to my previous route smirking to myself. (haha those suckers were waiting for that wreck or whatever to clear up and I was smooth sailing on my way to work....errrr uh oh). There was stopped traffic again...wait a minute, at the same road. And then I realized the helicopters flying above were not from some little fender bender, it was a bigger issue, perhaps that the President's motorcade was about to come through? So I figured I could handle sitting in traffic for a little bit. I mean, I couldn't get in trouble at work because of the President, right? I did use the unexpected time to call my father back. So thank you, Mr. President, for giving me a few extra minutes away from work and for allowing me to return daddy-o's phone call.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Rach
Did you get to see Obama?? i love the "children of the corn" picture. It is great of you two hot farm girls.
Dear Anonymous (p.s. who are you? haha),
No I didn't actually get to see Obama. I was too far back in the line of cars, but I did she his motorcade (well the tops of them) go by. And glad you like the corn pic!
Post a Comment