Monday, August 31, 2009

Birthday Present from a Kidnapper

I came home from work on an average Wednesday and noticed this in the corner where my guitar had been sitting.


I have been wanting to learn to play the guitar badly but my finances have gotten in the way. I remembered Uncle Mike had an old guitar and was lucky enough to borrow it. However, the guitar needed new strings, and yet again money gets in the way of fun. Luckily, I have an amazing friend, one who decided I should celebrate my birthday in September.

I received an email the next day telling me we had plans after work. When Jordan picked me up (wearing an Ohio State shirt none the less!) there was a birthday card on the seat. (Really? I already get to celebrate my birthday 3 whole months early? Hmmm I can handle this.) She refused to say where we were going and suspense was killing me. Surprises are the best thing ever, just my opinion.

Jordan treated me to Starbucks (mmmmm) and then pulled in to Guitar Center. Woo hoo! She pulled my guitar and a bag of goodies (aka strings, picks, and a tuner) from her trunk.


Since it was Tune-Up Tuesdays, Trevor (the guitar guy) so kindly strung my guitar while we walked around admiring all the cool and expensive instruments. (I spotted an awesome pink glitter guitar that maybe I can buy once I become a pro). Until then, I get to learn on my newly strung guitar and one of the best birthday presents ever.


Thank you, Jordan, for knowing what I needed and knowing that I needed a pickup before my birthday.

Now if only I knew how to play this thing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love that you loved it. :) and i love that i look very creepy in that picture like i'm up to no good... just remember who you're dedicating the first hit single to!