Thursday, August 13, 2009

Yield

I'm at a point in my life where I see the cross road ahead. I might not be sitting at the 4-way stop deciding which blinker (if any) to turn on, but I can see the red octagonal shape ahead and a mixture of emotions hit me. Excitement at the possibilities, fear of the unknown, and nostalgia and appreciation for the present wash over me. It's funny how one minute you can be driving along with the windows down singing along to to radio loudly (and slightly off key) without a care in the world or a worry about what song you will listen to next and then BAM! You hit something. That figurative little wall you just nicked didn't do any serious damage. No need to call the insurance company, but it jarred you awake, made you pay more attention as you drove off. What about the road ahead? What can you do to be more prepared? And the songs you have been singing along to?... suddenly they are getting a little old. It might just be time for a new CD. That one little nick in the bumper can really make you think. I like thinking, but sometimes I get a little too excited (and ok downright obsessive) about future possibilities. Maybe someone should buy me a guitar so I can get a new hobby and quite dreaming of life changing decisions and moves. Then I can just sing along off key in my apartment and not be out there driving on the road of life trying to figure out where I'm headed next.

No comments: