Thursday, March 19, 2009

St. Paddy's

I know some people can't really get into St. Patrick's day, but for some reason or another it is one of my favorite days. I mean, how could I not love it? I get to wear green (my favorite color), I get to drink green beer and shamrock shakes (I'll even admit to having a green bagel, ok that was a little over the top but I can't help myself!) and even though I'm not really Irish, it's still a fun day to be a redhead.

Every year I have big plans for the big day, and every single year they fall through. It doesn't matter though because they always turn out alright. Two years ago I was on Spring Break in Cali and although we didn't go out, let's just say we had enough fun. Last year's plans fell through and we just ended up grabbing a green beer at dinner. It wasn't anything wild and crazy but Heather and Beth were out here visiting on their Spring Break so of course it was still a good time.

This year came a little closer to plan. I had intended to take the 18th off with another co-worker, Sarah, but due to the board meeting we couldn't and had to keep our celebration minimal. Everything worked out in the end because we went to the Coach House for some green beer and hung out with some Fiesta Bowlers. There was a table of older guys there showing us their magic tricks and they even bought us flowers for putting up with their jokes. Go figure I get roses on St. Paddy's Day instead of Valentine's day! No wonder I like the green holiday much better than that sappy pink and red one ;) It was just a great day/night and my abs actually hurt from laughing so much. (so that burnt off all the calories from the shamrock shake right?)

2 comments:

Allyson said...

How about St. Patty's Day in Charleston?! AHHHHHHHH :)

Sarah said...

Yes...I'm reading your old blogs. But I saw my name and I'm happy you had fun! I did too...let's hope for better timing of the Board meeting next year!