Ok so apparently my avid readers are hungry for a new blog (calm down mom haha) so I'm finally back at it. I didn't really think that I had a lot to write about since nothing out of the ordinary was happening, until I started to reflect back on how much my life has changed. Moving out here was a huge step and I did it without really freaking out. But sometimes as I'm driving around in the sunshine and pass the palm trees and mountains, I think to myself "Wow, I really did it!".
At first it was hard to adjust to a clean slate. I had to build up a life from scratch. It was a lot of work sometimes but suddenly I can see all that I've accomplished. I have great reliable friends here that I can always count on. We have become each other's family and it's nice to have that. I've also worked really hard to expand my social network and I think I've finally started to achieve that. I've been making friends at work, ballet class, and Latin dance.
Speaking of dance, I am proud of myself for getting involved. It can be scary to start something new by yourself, but I have. I now take multiple classes a week and didn't know anyone when I started. Now I have a good friend in each class and I find myself chatting with them for over an hour after class is done. It reminds me of the great friendships that were created from dancing in school.
This doesn't seem like a huge accomplishment, but looking back at all the little things makes me feel good. It definitely isn't an easy and fast task to set up a new life on the other side of the country, but if you push yourself to get out there and try new things everything will eventually fall into place.
1 comment:
Yeah!! Thanks for the updates. It's about time. :)
Mom
Post a Comment