The past few days I have been carb loading like a good little runner. I was so excited for this part of training (may have slightly influenced my decision to run in the first place...). I mean, hello, I'm not only allowed, but supposed to eat carbs? Sign me up! However, now I'm realizing the downfalls of carb loading. Technically you want to stay away from heavy and rich foods so that automatically means no creamy sauces, butter, frosting...all the good things that come with the really yummy carbs! I didn't completely follow this, but I tried to weed out that extra stuff yesterday afternoon and I'm really really going to try and behave today. I do not want to hit a wall while running nor have an upset stomach. As I was walking down the hall at my internship yesterday, I realized how sluggish and fat I felt. A couple days of shoving carbs in my mouth has taken it's toll. I was out of breath from running an errand, how in the world am I going to run 13.1 miles?! Also my pants are tighter and I read it is typical to gain 4 pounds while carb loading (duh). I was so full all day, but in my effort to follow the carb rules, I still ate a gigantic carboliscious dinner. Sarah was such a great friend and agreed to come along and help me out. After devouring a giant plate of pumpkin pie pancakes (words cannot explain...) I rolled myself home for a good night's sleep. It was a tough job eating 80% of my diet as carbs, but a girls got to do what a girl's got to do! Hopefully this will all pay off on Sunday and I have enough glycogen stored to get me to the finish line on my own two feet.
1 comment:
So how did it go? Was it worth it? Have you already signed up for race two? Were you smiling at the end?
Post a Comment