Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Itch

I've been itching lately. Yes from bug bites, but that's not what I'm really referring to.  I am lost. I don't know what to do with myself now that I've finished my masters program. With that off my plate, so to are my internship hours, homework readings, papers, exams, and classes.  In addition, I've now completed two half marathons. I've decided to wait awhile before doing another one.  The training schedule was difficult to manage with my teaching schedule at the gym and it did a number on my body.  But with that decision, I no longer have something I'm training for physically to keep my mind and body working towards.  

I'm in need of a goal other than GET A GROWN UP JOB / STOP RETAIL WORK.  That is consuming my mind and it's driving me crazy. By focusing on how much I do not want to be working at the mall evenings and weekends, I get more and more upset that I'm not using my masters degree, which then makes me feel like a snob.  

So I'm itching. Itching for a challenge, a goal.  The other day I mentioned that I was feeling like I would have to sign up for a half marathon again and it was suggested that maybe I should just focus on my writing instead. Much better option for my hips and joints I must agree. So here I am again. Dusting off the old blog. Thankful it always lets me just come back when I feel like it, no questions asked.    

No comments: