Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Healthy Experiment

I've officially made it through one whole week of the Extreme Fat Smash Diet. I must pat myself on the back for that one. It definitely wasn't a walk in the park, but I didn't give up and I faced a lot of temptation along the way. With it being a 3 day weekend, I wanted to join everyone else in hanging out, eating yummy foods, and drinking beer, but I held strong. Instead I hung out but also worked out a lot and ate what I was supposed to (Which consists of small portions of brown rice, veggies, and some chicken, jealous?) Not only was it hard to ignore the little devil on my shoulder (the devil is a little chunky but sure knows how to have fun...) , but I also had to ignore the pleas of people around me to just "have a beer" etc. I just had to keep ignoring my fat little devil (and skinny skinny friends) and focus on the angel on my shoulder that told me to keep going. (The angel is working on being skinny but she can be a meanie drill Sargent when I want to quit).

I'm hoping that week 2 goes a little smoother as I won't have to defend myself and my choices to everyone, I am adjusted the the eating and lifestyle changes, and this week allows for a little more variety in food. I get to have my beloved cereal again, yay! Unfortunately, the working out part didn't go away, but I will just have to take that in exchange for cereal :)

So I just want to say thank you to everyone who understands what I'm trying to do and for encouraging me to keep going when I don't want to drag myself to the gym at night for my second workout of the day or when I want to eat the giant free cookies on the lunch table at work. It really does help! Oh and if you have ever tried to convince someone to cheat on their diet or to cave on any other goal they gave themselves, please know that you are making their life much harder. I know I'm guilty of it and I will definitely keep that in mind for the future.

And so here I go on week 2! I can do it! (say with a Spanish accent...right Patty? haha)

No comments: