Growing up in the middle of a cornfield has many advantages, however, the arts scene and cultural events is not one of them. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for my upbringing and can now see the blessings of a small town, but I've always wanted to be able to experience more. Phoenix isn't a huge arts city, but for me it's quite a big change from good old P'ville. This past week I went to the Symphony, to see the Broadway "Spring Awakening" and of course worked at the opening of the Nutcracker. 3 different arts events in one week! Needless to say it was a very good week and I feel very cultured if at least for a little bit.
As we were sitting in the second row at the Broadway play I mentioned to the other girls I was with how drastically different this week was to my time back home. I explained that it was quite a drive even to a Walmart which of course brought a response of dropped jaws. (get's em' everytime!) Megan's next response was "How'd you get so stylish?". I think it's funny that people are surprised I grew up on a farm. My boss at work thinks it's the funniest thing to know someone who lived on a farm and she even introduced me at a cocktail party with that opening. I guess out here it's a novelty haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment