Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekend Updat 10.3-10.5.08

Friday night Jordan and I went to see the new Nicholas Sparks movie, “Nights in Rodanthe”. If you haven’t seen this movie, I highly suggest you bring along a few essential supplies, mainly Kleenex, and then makeup. I knew it was going to be a tear-jerker (they usually are) and I knew it was going to be a sappy love story. Sometimes I wonder why I torture myself by watching romances that real life just can’t seem to live up to. The movie was good, but by the end I was no longer trying to hold back the tears, but trying to hold back sobs. It was pretty ridiculous. There were a lot of quiet scenes and you could tell everyone in the audience was sniffling along with me.

After the movie ended we stopped by the restrooms and the sight I caught in the mirror was hilarious. My entire face was bright red and puffy and my eyes were a mess. Honestly, who cries that much!? Luckily I had some eye-drops to help and as a mark representative my purse was fully stocked with the makeup necessities. Touch ups were definitely in order ☺

Saturday was a day full of calories. I went to the Fiesta Bowl office to watch college football. They always have a huge spread of pizza and bread sticks so I couldn’t resist. Beer was also supplied. It’s pretty much the perfect way to spend a Saturday. The only thing that could make it better would be a trip to Target…oh wait we did that too. Jordan and I made a mini trip to get our fix and then went back for a few more hours of football with Veronica.

The three of us went to the “Way Out West Oktoberfest” in Tempe after the games. You should have seen the excitement on our faces. I was bummed to miss out on the Loudonville Fair and the apple-dumplings and it was fair week in Veronica’s hometown as well so it was a good substitute.

I finally got an apple dumpling! yay!

However, I must say their apple dumplings do not compare to the ones back home. First of all they use whip cream instead of ice-cream (practically a sin in my book) and they had the sauce all wrong...but at least I got one. We planned on partaking in the beer garden, but the long lines didn’t quite seem worth it to us so we ended up spending the rest of our tickets on food, food, and more food.

A "get under it" shot with our apple treats.

Although I've come to the realization that I have a fear of heights. They were able to convince me to ride the Ferris Wheel. Luckily it was the bucket kind and not the wobbly bench type that scares the heck out of me. It was really pretty and a nice cool breeze.



After eating so much at Oktoberfest, I needed to veg today. Sundays have become my lazy days and I look forward to them all week. I sleep in, attempt to clean my room a bit, and then let Richie come play (and proceed to rearrange everything within reach). And now I’m ending the weekend at the bookstore with Jordan enjoying a chai latte. I just wish the weekend could go on a little longer....

No comments: