Thursday, April 30, 2009

Movin' on Up






This is it. Tonight is my last night in my teeny tiny room on Watson Drive. Tomorrow morning I will begin loading up the car with boxes (that I swear I'll start packing in a minute...) and I'll head North to my freedom. Word's cannot describe how excited I am to have my own place. Most people live on their own for a bit, then settle down in a house with a family and a baby. Nope, not me. I like to break tradition. I decide to graduate and move right in to the family lifestyle. Waking up at 6 am on the weekends to a screaming child, sharing small square footage with relatives, and sharing a bathroom just sounded so appealing to me that I decided to forgo the single lifestyle. I guess it was supposed to happen this way, just in case for a second I decided that maybe I was ready to settle down and start a family (and believe me, it would only be a chance of a single second of weakness). Now I know for sure that there is no way I want that anywhere in the near future. Now I will truly value every second of silence, t.v. time, sleeping in or every inch of kitchen, my own bathroom, or closet space. Oh how glorious it will be!

Sure it might take me a million (and one) trips from Tempe to Scottsdale tomorrow to get my belongings in my freedom, but it will be completely worth it. And it will only be a million (and one) trips thanks to Veronica letting me borrow the mom van. If it was just me and Roxie it would at least be 2 million (and three) trips.



Well I suppose I should start the packing since I only have a total of 7 boxes packed at the moment and the moving day will be here before I know it.

1 comment:

M.D. said...

Oh man... I guess I've been out of touch. I didn't know you were moving! I'm so excited for you and I hope after you're settled in after a month or two, I can ask you some questions when I'm looking for my own place. I want to hear all about it!!!