Saturday, January 17, 2009

Goodbye Mali...Hello Roxie



It is with my saddest regrets that I inform you that Mali and I had to part ways. She was a great car who got me to many places, including Arizona. Unfortunately, she came down with a bad case of engine disease. The “doctor” told me he wasn’t sure what her life expectancy was and “she could go forever, but she might die tomorrow”. Also, he informed me to avoid using highways and to just ride with friends as much as possible. The medical bills to just do an exam on Mali would cost a pretty penny without even a cure involved. It was time to put Mali down. It was a very sad experience as I had many memories with her, but I know she will be with me in spirit.

The sudden need for a new car led me into a panic/obsessive mode to fix the problem. I dove into researching cars, figuring out my budget, making a list of needs, and educating myself on car buying tactics. I must say I did a good job of knowing my stuff and even though I had to take my uncle along for moral support, I did everything myself. I guess that makes me a little bit of a grown up, huh?

Even though the actual car shopping process was not fun, the end product was well worth it. The goodbye to Mali was sad, but driving off the lot in Roxie was a nice experience. I tried to be practical in my decisions, but for this one time in my life, a convertible isn’t actually considered impractical! With no kids and nice weather year round, why not take advantage of it ☺

And thus, I now have a white 2008 Chrysler Sebring and she’s beautiful! It’s so much fun driving around with the top down and everyone should come visit so I can take you for a ride.

1 comment:

PATTY AND DAD said...

Hey Rachel, Love your new car! Have fun with it!