Monday, November 3, 2008

Tigerland


After being stuck in the city for 8 months, I was finally able to take a mini vacation. It was only for a weekend, but it was one heck of a first southern experience. I have only been to the Carolinas and Florida (which may be further south but it doesn’t count in this sense), but never to the deep south.

Veronica took me back to Baton Rouge for the LSU vs. Georgia game. Our friend Dave flew in from Chicago to join in the fun and we invaded Veronica's twin brother’s apt. We got to hang out with some friends, have a few drinks, and watch football. There were a lot of laughs, impromptu dance moves from Dave, tons of walking / standing during the game, and not a lot of sleep.

Everyone I know in Louisiana. Cheers to being in the South!

Together again!

We could have totally made their Golden Girl Squad.

Needless to say it was exhausting since we arrived at midnight Friday and left by 4:00pm Sunday. I had such a good time and wish we could have stayed a little longer. There was so much more I wanted to do and see. I’m not done with the South and think a trip to New Orleans is next on the agenda ☺


Disclaimer: Although I enjoyed my time in Tigerland and even wore the color purple, I am and will always be a Buckeye's fan!

No comments: